Monday, June 14, 2010

Surgery

After being told Friday afternoon, that it would be at least a week before I heard any information regarding surgery, I received a call this morning, that surgery has been scheduled for Tuesday, June 29th! I will travel to Cleveland on the 23rd for a pre-surgery appointment in which I will have blood work, an EKG, and a physical to make sure I am ready for surgery. I will then meet with my doctors and the anesthesiologists to go over what will be taking place during surgery, and finally with a stoma nurse who will be able to talk to me about what to expect after surgery and how to adapt to having a bag. I am thrilled with the timing and am anxious to have it "behind" me...ha! Again, thanks for all the prayers....please continue to pray that all of the details will fall into place, and that surgery will go forward as scheduled.

3 comments:

  1. Karen, I was hoping to see you while we are at Anda's next week. If we don't get that time together you know I am with you in spirit and in prayer. You and Jane are cracking me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good news! I'll keep you in my prayers from WI:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to read your positive spirit, and that you are finding the good outcomes as more to dwell on than the worries! God is good...and we will continue to pray and to give thanks as each step is "behind you."
    Are you working at both jobs still?
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete