Friday, June 11, 2010

Praise God!

Tests were completed at Cleveland yesterday. God was in charge of it all!!
On Wednesday, I learned that my MRI had been moved to 7:30pm, which meant I could not eat or drink all day. And God knows that is no easy task for me!! The Cleveland Clinic was so gracious. When I arrived for my PET scan, the nurse asked if I was having any other test that day, and when I mentioned the MRI, she gave me an IV that could be used for both tests so I would only have to be poked once....quite a blessing. Upon completion of my PET scan, the nurse called over to the MRI area, and they were able to get me in as soon as a arrived! My MRI was complete at 4:30!! Dinner never tasted so good!! I know that many were praying for those tests. Both involve lots of time in small tubes, and yet I was able to be very calm, and had wonderful visualizations of worship time at Woodside...God was truly with me!
Today, I received the results of my tests...the PET scan was totally clear....there is no cancer in the pelvis....it is totally localized in the anal area. The MRI was done to see where the roots of the tumor are, and if the tumor could be removed surgically without preoperative radiation. PRAISE GOD!! The tumor is able to be fully removed when the rectum is removed, so we are moving forward with surgery!! That will be scheduled in the next couple of weeks. This is the best outcome we could have hoped for, and I know it is only because of all the prayers you have been saying on my behalf. I trust that you can say with me that God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!! I can hardly wait to see what He will do next! Please pray for my surgical team, Dr. Hull and Dr. Stephans as they prepare for my surgery.

3 comments:

  1. We are so thankful that your tests are complete, and things came out well. We will continue to think of you and keep you in our prayers! Love to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited and thankful for the good news. God is good and I am glad He got you through the test. We will contine to pray and can't wait until we can see you. Love Brian, Kirsten, Isaac, and "the girl".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Karen, this is such welcoming news. God is good all the time! I will pray for Dr. Hull and Dr. Stephans and it is nice to hear how well Cleveland Clinic is treating you.
    ((BIG HUG))

    ReplyDelete