Tuesday, July 6, 2010

real food!!

What a difference eating real food makes! I’ve been eating all day today and have noticed a real increase in my energy level. I still don’t know when I will be coming home…I am hoping it will be Thursday, but my doc is not tipping her hand, and I am learning it won’t be before she is ready for it to happen. So, the wait continues…The incredible care continues, and I am trying to trust God in a situation that feels quite overwhelming. The “knicked” bladder continues to have its annoyances, which means I will be sent home on a catheter and some draining tubes. On the positive side, I had my second Stoma class today and knocked it out of the ballpark! It will continue to take adjustment, but I am less intimidated by the process, and there will be nurses who will work with me at home. I had really expected to be out of here by now, but God’s timing is not mine, and so I am trusting his timing. Overall today, was my best day in the last several. I was able to walk many times, and am hoping the doc will be pleased with my effort when I see her in the morning. Every day God continues to validate that this is the place he wants me to be, so my job is to continue to trust Him…That has been a battle the last few days so please pray for my attitude. I am so thankful for the continued support of Tom and my parent’s who have been here with me and the many who call. It means so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment