Thursday, July 15, 2010

After much negotiating, I made it out of ICU and back to a regular room around 8:30 Wednesday night. The joke with my surgeon was that I had “outpeed” her horses producing over a gallon of urine yesterday. This morning it was confirmed that my kidney numbers were back in the normal range. Tom and I attribute the clear thinking approach of the urology team and the success of my quick operative procedure to your prayers, so I thank you so much for all your intercessions on my behalf. Today is a day of rest. I still struggle with the catheter, and will be coming home with it for about 3 weeks. I will be having a test tomorrow to determine the “damage” done to the bladder during surgery. It involves IV contrast dye which I am allergic to, so I will be going thru the “prep steps” today (taking prednisone and benadryl). I have talked to my surgeon’s PA today, and we are going to shoot for a Saturday discharge….maybe I can make this one stick! HA! Overall, I am feeling well and walking quite well. I have been overwhelmed by the cards, emails, phone calls, and primarily the prayers. I feel so blessed that so many have said a prayer on my behalf. God is indeed in control of all things. If you have ever had any questions or wondered about the possibility of having a personal relationship with the Lord, please respond to this post. It would be my privilege to share with you the true peace that passes all understanding that can be found in a relationship with the Lord of the universe!
Love to all,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Wow Karen, you have finally competed and won in the Amazing Race! Colleen and Sarah were with you spiritually the entire time. See all of that practice and discussions have paid off!!
    Sure hope you will come home on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete